You are careful and systematic in your business arrangements.
Boooorrrrriiinnnggg! I’m not sure why I kept this fortune cookie. It is true, I am careful and systematic in pretty much everything I do.
However, I don’t think I am very careful about what I say when it comes to blogging. I talk too much and that is something I am not known for doing. Look at me! I sit down almost every single day and talk about myself. No one cuts me off. No one is thinking about what they are going to say in response. I don’t have to worry about having to get a word in edgewise.
It got me to thinking…Is this blogging platform dominated by introverts that don’t talk a lot in real life??
Bear with me for exactly 286 seconds…
Here are some top characteristics I want in a friend that I also offer as a friend:
- Honesty, I want friends to tell me the truth instead of saying things to make me feel better.
- Introversion, I would rather not hang around with loud bossy people.
- Integrity, I don’t want to have to worry about friends hitting on my husband.
- Intellect, I need deep conversations not small talk.
- Structure, I don’t do spontaneity.
- Neurotic, totally sane people drive me crazy.
- Justice, I want fairness…I want a clearly defined right or wrong. (I tend to see things as black or white/all or nothing).
- Determination, I don’t want a friend that bows out when things get tough.
- Motivation, I want a friend that strives to be better than they were yesterday.
- Industrious, I can’t stand laziness. I can’t sit still.
- Reliable, just do what you say you are going to do.
So, I pose this question to you…
Are most bloggers introverts? Do we think this is a good place to tell our story because people in real life don’t listen? Do introverts still have a need to speak up quietly? Why would I tell strangers more about my life than friends? Am I inadequate at having real life relationships? Why does it feel safer to talk here for the world to read versus talking to a close friend behind a closed door?
I really want to know…Do most bloggers have the above characteristics?? Or am I just attracting the people that have these characteristics because that is how I am??
What are your thoughts?? If you follow my blog, how many of these characteristics do we share? If you are just passing through, what about you??
Am I making a sweeping generalization that most bloggers, especially those that post in the personal genre, are introspective introverts like me?? Or do I just attract people like me??
I notice your personality shine through in every word you write…Why wouldn’t you notice mine?
I know I totally got off the fortune cookie topic today. Whoops!