I’m not the superstitious type, but week 13 pretty such says it all for me right now. I’m having a hard time feeling grateful. Whose stupid idea was it to do this gratitude crap anyway? Oh well!
Right now I’m supposed to be touring New Orleans for the first time with our foreign exchange students and family. Instead we got the news today that Clara’s parents want her to go back home to Germany. We are so sad it has to be this way. We also decided not to have our daughter be a foreign exchange student.
This week the last thing I put in pen on my calendar is gone. We will not be visiting my brother and his family for Easter.
The Europe trip open to students and their family that got cancelled is not refunding us all of our money. They are keeping almost 1/3 of the travel expenses. Parents are angry and a petition is being sent around to try to get everything but our security deposit back. It’s a huge mess.
My husband and I have been fighting like crazy.
Everything keeps breaking. Now my son is having problems with his car.
Need I mention the economy.
So…it might be hard to find ten things this week.. Here goes..
- We are all healthy.
- We have enough food to eat.
- I only left the house once this week. That being said, the only compliment on my hair was from my husband. Just for the record, the last time I colored my hair was in September. I started doing this before it became cool (the hair salon’s closed).
- I spent some time working on our new business today and it felt good to be productive.
- In some ways I kind of like not being so busy.
- The weather is going to be nice this week, sunny and temps around 50. It is so hard to exercise outside when I am freezing so this will be nice.
- We named our indoor pool Florida. We can go to Florida now.
- I think I am doing pretty well holding things together.
- We will only have 3 teenagers in the house, although I am very sad Clara is leaving early since we get along so well. But it isn’t good bye forever and she will be reunited with her family.
- I had a couple nights this week that I slept fairly good.
1. And more compliments on my hair. This time I received them at the grocery store.
2. We haven’t killed each other yet, nor has the virus killed us. Seriously though, I am grateful for the health of family and friends. I hope you are in good health and good enough spirits under the circumstances we find ourselves in.
3. We finished one puzzle and still have 11 left to go before I run out. What a great time to renew an interest in old hobbies. I haven’t done a puzzle in years.
4. I am reading a good book and have 2 more left before I run out.
5. I’m grateful that my husband is willing to do a lot of the cooking since he is a better cook than I am.
6. We have enough food to eat.
7. I am thankful to be an introvert in this time of isolation and solitude. I am not alone since my family is home more.
8. I am grateful for the start of spring. Although it is pretty cold outside, it is not as cold as it would be in the dead of winter. It is a little easier to run outside than it would be in January.
9. After struggling with insomnia nearly every night for the past couple months, I am thankful I was able to sleep well twice this past week.
10. I am thankful for a cat that snuggles at my feet every morning while I drink my coffee. Time to get in touch with the simpler things.
Wow, what a tough week to have gratitude…
1. My daughter Angel is feeling better after having a fever. She called the doctor’s office and they weren’t concerned about her having corona virus. My mom and I decided to just go on with life and attend the bridal shower today. However, we were told they didn’t want us there although my aunt with lung issues works at the hospital and her future DIL flew across the country to be there. Everyone there had the potential to be exposed which created hurt feelings from my mom.
2. Everyone in the family is currently healthy.
3. And more compliments on my hair.
4. My daughter Angel was offered and started a new job in her field. She will be graduating in 2 months.
5. I had a wonderful week with my daughter over her spring break. With her new job she insisted on taking me out to eat and paid for my lunch. I feel gratitude she is good with money and has a new job that will pay her bills.
6. I was offered a job with the census today.
7. I’m grateful for my husband and children.
8. I am grateful to be able to make fairly good decisions while under a lot of stress. We still have not decided whether or not to go to Florida on our planned vacation this week. I try not to let fear dictate my life, however still have the need to make realistic plans under the circumstances. The good thing is we developed a plan I am more comfortable with if we go. Angel will stay at our house while we are gone with our son Alex. I trust my adult children will be able to take care of things while we are away.
9. If we end up being stuck in our house for a month, it is a great place to be.
10. I am grateful to belong to an awesome church.
I’m not going to lie…this past week has been the hardest week of the year so far. But, well, gratitude..
- And multiple more compliments about my hair. Really?
- Watching my daughter’s choir perform.
- Clara and Arabella making it to state.
- Surviving this past week.
- The guys returning home from an extended weekend fishing trip.
- Something to laugh about. My mom went along with Paul on the road trip to visit my brother. On the way back, my mom sat on a fish hook. My husband stopped at a Kwik Trip with a pliers to pull the hook out of the rear of her pants. She didn’t get hurt. I can just imagine how crazy that must have looked.
- I had a long talk with Arabella about the trauma in my life and the things happening with grandpa.
- I also talked to my best friend Cindy about everything happening with my family for the first time. She wondered how I remain sane, but I swear after this week I am losing it.
- I met with our pastor’s mom over the weekend. She wants to mentor me. The funny thing is I had a dream one night that this was supposed to happen which makes me feel better about possibly trusting her. I don’t really know her well.
- My cousin and I decided to do another 50k together.
1. I’m grateful that the sun is shining today. It’s been a long time.
2. I’m grateful to be planning a vacation and visiting states that I’ve never been to before.
3. I’m grateful to have a house with an indoor pool. Last week we had a party for the youth group at church. It’s a miracle, but now the youth group has twice as many kids. Plus I have several new items to add to my collection of things left behind; a sock, a bra, and a cute bikini. Would these be weird items to put in the church lost and found box??
4. If all else fails, at least I have a sense of humor.
5. I’m grateful to watch my son perform with his new band for open mic. I am very proud of his talent. There is nothing like watching my children perform. Plus I saw an acquaintance there who said she goes to open mic just to sing with the house band. She said I should give it a try sometime and I’m planning on it.
6. I’m grateful to live in a state where we can provide unique experiences for our foreign exchange students. Yesterday Paul took us ice fishing.
7. I am grateful to try another new trauma therapy. I have been sleeping better.
8. I am grateful that several friends at this point seem to be winning the battle against cancer.
9. I finished The Tattooist of Auschwitz this week and started another Holocaust book called The Choice written not to long ago by a survivor. I’m thankful that she was able not only to survive but make something good out of a horrible experience. I am very impressed she was able to write such an insightful and inspirational book in her later years of life.
10. I am grateful it is February and the end of winter is in sight.