- On Mother’s Day, I’m grateful to have a wonderful mom.
- I’m grateful for my children. Mother’s Day is different this year. I transitioned out of celebrating the day with younger kids to being more of an empty nest mom. It’s no longer a day of dressing my girls up in fancy cute dresses and homemade gifts and cards on pink colored paper. I’ve come to expect that things have changed. My youngest daughter is still in residential and my oldest daughter has to work. My son will be over later for supper. Maybe we can play some games or something. I do miss the times when they were little and cute but I don’t miss all the work it was.
- I found my mom a really awesome gift that we have been trying to find for many years. It’s nice that we can spend the day together.
- My daughter Arabella will be coming home this week after staying at a residential mental health facility for the last couple of months.
- Arabella will also be 18 this week, so……all my children will be adults as this new week ends. It’s hard to believe that my years of active parenting are now done.
- It’s still been very cool here. One day it even hailed. But it does look like it will finally warm up by the end of this week.
- My mom has finally been sleeping better. I’m grateful for her healing process.
- I’m grateful that Paul was able to help my mom out with Matt’s finances so she didn’t have to hire an accountant at tax time. My mom took us out to eat to thank him for his help.
- I’m grateful to have a husband who is gifted in finance because that is one less thing I have to worry about. We have very similar spending habits and thoughts about money.
- I’m grateful that I won a $25 gift card at church today just for being a mom.
Happy Mother’s Day to all of the great moms out there!
One thought on “Gratitude week 71”
LikeLiked by 1 person