**I thought I published this post a couple of days ago, but it was still in my drafts.**
I have never been one for New Year’s resolutions. I think that we should all have goals where we strive to be better people year round. But January is a great time of year, as we put a new calendar on the wall, to reflect on what happened over the past year and to plan for growth in the new year.
As you can see by my post from yesterday, last year was a year of great change in my life. Going into this year, originally my goal was for stability and stagnation. I have a hard time adjusting to change. It is even bothering me that today on WP my publish button is a new color. Seriously! Why?
But I also realize that if I want to grow as a person, it is going to involve change. I don’t want to be the same person that I was 5, 10, or 20 years ago.
So I created a list of goals that I have for myself and I will expound on them over the next couple of days…
- Run a 50k/work out more.
- Spiritual growth.
- Start the process of writing a book.
- Worry less/let go/learn how to relax and handle stress better.
- Work on documenting the family history and preserving the family pictures with my mother.
- Try new things/explore different interests/be fun/lifelong learning.
- Finish strong with parenting and be the life partner that is enjoyable to be with.
- Try not to be too hard on myself.
- Work hard, but take time to rest.
- Make peace with the past.
A new journey has begun…