- Although this was something I was initially upset about, I’m grateful that I made a wasted trip to the psychiatrist with my daughter a week earlier due to a scheduling error. Arabella was not doing well the day of her rescheduled appointment which lead the psychiatrist take my concerns seriously. He thinks she has more serious mental health issues then he initially thought. Then he told us he was retiring and couldn’t help anymore. The appointment was devastating on many levels, but at least we are closer to getting answers.
- I got a hair cut and my nails done today. I feel like a new person.
- My husband and I are still planning on taking the vacation I planned several months back. We are flying out this week to Arkansas and spending a few days in Hot Springs then traveling on to New Orleans. From there we will be staying on the Alabama coast and flying out of Florida. I have been conflicted about this trip. I booked it before I knew how serious things were with my daughter. As of now we are going. We have been pretty burnt out and could really use a break.
- I’m grateful we have trustworthy and reliable people in place to take care of things at home while we are gone.
- I’m grateful I finished the series about my dad. It was one of the hardest things I had to write about. So much so that I considered not even doing it. But as it is a personal blog, I am hoping to write about the good and the bad things in my life. After we get back from our trip I am going to lighten things up a bit and write about our travels. Then I am going to dive into another deep topic, having a child develop severe mental health issues during a pandemic. I’m hoping to post one more time this week. So don’t worry if you don’t hear from me for awhile!
- I’m grateful that my best friend picked me up and took me out to brunch over the weekend.
- I’m grateful for a good conversation with my mom yesterday.
- I’m grateful to realize that I need to take care of myself once in awhile too.
- I’m grateful to be travelling with Paul and for the adventures we will have. We’ve had a lot of stress and so many plans fall through this past year.
- I’m grateful to have had some tests done today to continue on my path to seek health. I’m hoping with this trip it won’t feel so long before I get the results back.
2 thoughts on “Gratitude week 55”
Your adventures sound lovely! Taking time for yourself helps us all be better parents. Enjoy it. Xoxoxo
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you Jodie!! 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person