I’m not the superstitious type, but week 13 pretty such says it all for me right now. I’m having a hard time feeling grateful. Whose stupid idea was it to do this gratitude crap anyway? Oh well!
Right now I’m supposed to be touring New Orleans for the first time with our foreign exchange students and family. Instead we got the news today that Clara’s parents want her to go back home to Germany. We are so sad it has to be this way. We also decided not to have our daughter be a foreign exchange student.
This week the last thing I put in pen on my calendar is gone. We will not be visiting my brother and his family for Easter.
The Europe trip open to students and their family that got cancelled is not refunding us all of our money. They are keeping almost 1/3 of the travel expenses. Parents are angry and a petition is being sent around to try to get everything but our security deposit back. It’s a huge mess.
My husband and I have been fighting like crazy.
Everything keeps breaking. Now my son is having problems with his car.
Need I mention the economy.
So…it might be hard to find ten things this week.. Here goes..
- We are all healthy.
- We have enough food to eat.
- I only left the house once this week. That being said, the only compliment on my hair was from my husband. Just for the record, the last time I colored my hair was in September. I started doing this before it became cool (the hair salon’s closed).
- I spent some time working on our new business today and it felt good to be productive.
- In some ways I kind of like not being so busy.
- The weather is going to be nice this week, sunny and temps around 50. It is so hard to exercise outside when I am freezing so this will be nice.
- We named our indoor pool Florida. We can go to Florida now.
- I think I am doing pretty well holding things together.
- We will only have 3 teenagers in the house, although I am very sad Clara is leaving early since we get along so well. But it isn’t good bye forever and she will be reunited with her family.
- I had a couple nights this week that I slept fairly good.