- Arabella has recovered from COVID and is back at work.
- Everyone else in our house tested negative.
- Just to be on the safe side, I cancelled the plans I had for the weekend and had a nice weekend at home.
- I finished a couple of books this week. It’s been a long time since I could say that I read more than one book in a week. I really enjoyed My Sister’s Keeper. Although a piece of fiction, it really made me think about what life was like with a disabled sibling. The disability aside, I remember feeling as if I didn’t matter. There was always something more important than me. I’m not saying that it was always a bad thing that my mom favored Matt, he did need her more. But things were always chaotic. Nothing could be planned or counted on in case Matt was having a bad day. Unexpected change is very triggering for me. I’m trying to have more compassion for myself in that regard as I read stories of other siblings having a hard time cancelling plans they were looking forward to because their sibling was sick, etc. I’m starting to go deeper to the more subtle effects the little things had on my life. It makes more sense why I respond the way I do if I start delving deeper.
- I ordered 4 more books, three of which are memoirs about people struggling with mental health issues.
- To a great weekend spent with my daughter Angel at home reading, writing, swimming, and watching movies.
- For having an adult daughter that is more like a best friend.
- Indian takeout food. Angel and I both ordered cheese naan and chicken tikka marsala. It was excellent!
- For health and healing in general. Last week was really hard because I didn’t know what was going to happen with the sickness in my house.
One thought on “Gratitude week 86”
LikeLiked by 1 person