The past week has been very rough. I guess I’ve been saying that a lot lately.
I am now on day 6 of being sick. I haven’t slept much because I am up multiple times a night to use the bathroom. I am not well. I’ve had to take all my goals, dreams, and hopes for the future and put them on a shelf. Or maybe I have to give them up forever. I’m starting to grieve that my old life is probably over.
There have been times I’ve curled up in pain in a fetal position on the floor tears cascading from my eyes. I’ve had a fever off and on and I feel it starting to climb back. I don’t know how I am going to make it through the prep tonight for my procedure. I’ve been thinking about that a lot, death. Sometimes it feels so close that everything still left inside me tells me to prepare.
I don’t have much time to talk, nor much energy. So, that being said, here are my ten things I’m grateful for this week.
- Soon maybe I’ll finally have the answers for what is wrong with me.
- I reached over 750 followers on my blog. I am thankful for you my readers and friends who are supportive of me telling my story.
- I am thankful for my husband. He is the best man I could ever ask for. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers because he is really having a hard time with this.
- I am grateful especially for my children, my mom, my brothers, my aunt Jan, and my best friend Cindy. They have been checking in on me so much that I can barely get any rest.
- I am thankful for my pets, especially my cat. He follows me around everywhere.
- I am thankful for the deer that grace my yard. Watching nature keeps my mind off my pain.
- I am thankful for finally getting some weather that makes us think of spring.
- I am grateful I tested negative for COVID-19.
- I’m grateful I’m not missing much because I’ve been stuck inside sick.
- I’m grateful that my procedure is very early tomorrow morning. I don’t have to wait much longer to hopefully get some relief.
I need to take some more Tylenol and eat some chicken broth. Prep starts in less than 2 hours. I will try to update you in the next couple days. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.